Have you ever operated a Plastic Blow Mold Machine?
If you are looking for a performance to hire opportunity near the city of North Long Beach- Apply here!
Work schedule: 2pm-10:30pm and 10pm-6:30am available. Must have the flexibility to do a rotating day off schedule with the ability to work weekends.
Job Description: A blow molding operator sets up one or more machines, observes their operation, ensures the manufactured products meet specifications, makes adjustments as necessary and tears down the equipment. He removes finished products from the molds and may trim excess plastic from parts. Some operators perform minor or routine maintenance and repairs.
- 1) Sets up and operates blow molding machine to mold plastic products according to specifications: Turns valves to start flow of water and release air pressure to machine.
- 2) Moves machine controls to set timing unit and temperature of heating unit and start automatic feed mechanism.
- 3) Adjusts machine mandrel and aligns mandrel with mold chamber, using wrenches.
- 4) Starts molding machine that automatically feeds material from mixing unit to mandrel and to mold chamber.
- 5) Closes chamber to mold product under heat and pressure.
- 6) Removes workpiece from mold after timing device opens mold, and trims excess material from workpiece, using knife or bandsaw.
- 7) Regrinds excess material and unsatisfactory workpiece for reuse, using grinding machine.
- 8) May weigh completed workpiece to determine accuracy of machine operation.