A great opportunity, as a Journeyman Tool and Die Maker, is waiting for you, at a manufacturing client of ours located in, Grand Rapids, MI. This a 2nd shift Direct Hire position. The pay for a Journeyman Tool and Die maker starts out at $31.14 an hour and goes up to $38.92 an hour, based on experience. The hours for this position are Monday-Thursday 3PM until 1:30AM.
Benefits for a Journeyman Tool and Die Maker:
- Direct Hire opportunity
- 5% shift differential
- Competitive pay structure
- Medical, Dental and 401K benefits are provided
- Opportunity for growth and acceleration in your career
Duties of a Journeyman Tool and Die Maker include:
- Receives the most complex projects.
- Constructs tools where no design is available.
- Design and build Special equipment as assigned.
- Plans, designs, constructs or repairs a wide variety of highly intricate and complicated tools, dies, jigs, gauges, fixtures, to extremely close tolerances.
- Typical work products include combination dies for parts of irregular contour, ordinary index milling fixtures ,box type drill jigs with difficult locating or nesting features and complicated foot press and arbor press tools.
- Work with work cell team to identify and solve problems that are affecting hook machine production and repair broken and worn hook machine parts.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement and Suggestion System as required
- All work will be performed in a factory/warehouse environment