EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Technical School or College desirable
- Prior maintenance experience with manufacturing equipment a plus
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- Ability to use standard electrical and mechanical measuring devices (i.e. multimeter, micrometer, calipers.)
- Basic computer skills
All tasks are required to be conducted in a safe manner and with the use of the management suggested PPE.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered essential functions of this job. This list is not exhaustive, as all positions at the company are dynamic. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management, irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list. While an effort is made to thoroughly describe the customary manner in which this job is performed, reasonable accommodations will be made to qualified individuals with disabilities who may not be able to perform this job in the manner indicated.
- Motivate diverse work force to continuous improvement in production, quality and safety goals.
- Provide grievance and personal counseling and keep employees informed of policies, procedures and operational changes. Enforce company policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Proactive involvement in maintaining safety rules, conducting safety meetings, employee safety education, and improving safety awareness throughout the organization.
- Initiate and attend meetings to ensure continuous improvement in processes and work habits. Coordinate and encourage employee involvement in team building meetings, projects, and company policies and procedures.
- Minimize scrap, maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Monitor labor reports, payroll reports and make daily updates to computer reports, Cooperates with all other departments and shifts.
- Maintains good housekeeping to improve safety and material flow.
- Assists with production problems, making sure tools and equipment are available. Initiates continuous process improvements.
- Solid oral, written and listening communication skills necessary
- Requires enthusiasm, initiative
- Effective judgment in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Must be receptive to sudden and frequent changes in priorities
- Basic computer skills
- Bilingual in Spanish and English beneficial
- Somewhat disagreeable working conditions, in that the associate is exposed to heat, cold, fumes, and water.
- Surrounding equipment is somewhat noisy and hearing protection is required.
- Continuous mental and or visual attention to manufacturing functions
- Continuous standing throughout 8-12 hour period
- 90% of time spent on shop floor
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.; frequent pulling, pushing and bending
- Plant Manager
- Manufacturing Manager
- Quality Manager
- Production / Fab Supervisor
- Production Operators
- Lab Tech / Product Engineering