ResourceMFG is hiring for a Pipe Welder on Day Shift
- Job Title: Pipe Welder
- Location: Leesville, SC
- Wages: $14-$15
- Hours: Monday-Friday (6:00am- 4:30pm)
- Assemble and install metal pipes and pipe fittings for stainless and carbon steel projects
- Use clamps, brackets, and hangers to secure pipes to structure
- Remove slags and rough spots from workpieces by operating grinders or scrapers to ensure smooth work surface
- Employ their knowledge of metallurgy to determine materials and equipment most suitable for a welding project
- Clean and prepare workpieces using chemical solutions etc. to remove foreign matter such as grease, rust, etc.
- Use heating furnaces to preheat metal pipes prior to welding or bending
- Cut and shape metal components to set specifications using power saws, chipping knives or other hand tools.
- Fill holes, cracks, and dents on metal workpieces or pipe products
- Use micrometers, calipers and other precision measuring instruments to check gap allowances, grooves, or angles
- Assemble metal and non-metal pipes and pipe fitting using threading machine
- Study schematics, diagrams, and blueprints in order to determine the layout of the pipes.
- Measure and fabricate pipe routings to match existing in -line piping systems
- Wear appropriate protective gear and ensure compliance with established health/safety regulations
- Troubleshoot a piping system and conduct diagnosis to identify and fix pipe problems