The Process Technician is responsible for setting up and monitoring all injection molding machines and processes; including, but not limited to material feeding and loading systems, mold setting and changeovers, part processing, control monitoring and making necessary adjustments during production, quality measurements at start and end of run, and operation of necessary auxiliary equipment (dryers, temperature controllers, thermolators and other required secondary processing equipment).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for process monitoring, troubleshooting and adjustments of injection molding machines – following best practices for injection molding. Overall process control for the injection molding process.
- Understanding characteristics and processing requirements of a wide variety of plastic resins (and regrind). Knowledgeable in start-up, shut-down and re-start of injection molding machines.
- Document all process changes, on required WI forms, as required to ensure optimal machine process settings.
- Pull and Set specific molds (Mold Changeover) in accordance to standard work practices and production schedule, in a safe and efficient manner, ensure all mold safe settings are in place and operational.
- Ensure processes are running to expected standard cycle-time, material weight and minimum scrap rates.
- Ability to clearly communicate tooling & machine issues to required departments to ensure accurate and timely repair; including use of our Red Tag database to document all required problems and tooling repair needs.
- Understanding, set-up and control of various auxiliary and automation processes, including: robotics, dryers/hoppers, temperature-controlled water systems, drilling, pressing, sonic welding, etc.
- Following work orders and work instructions for set-up and required part quality.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work area; including equipment, floors, machines, oils leaks, resin, tooling, etc.
- Perform minor repairs and preventative maintenance on injection molding machines.
- Other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by Management or the Lead Process Technician.