The Distribution Supervisor coordinates the activities of the picking and packing personnel. This will include overseeing, Forklift Operators, and Material Controllers. This position is responsible for product receipt and placement in the warehouse, as well as ensuring that picking and loading trucks is accomplished. Must have basic math skills and ability to read and interpret all necessary paperwork to accomplish maximum efficiencies. 3-5-year supervision experience preferably in the warehouse, distribution or manufacturing areas.
- Supervises and delegates tasks to warehouse employees.
- Places stock orders as required.
- Counts and receives incoming merchandise; reports shortages/overages in a timely manner.
- Counts and completes all appropriate paperwork for merchandise/stock.
- Isolates, sorts, and organizes all damaged and outdated products.
- Provides supervision, guidance and support to warehouse staff.
- Promote teamwork and superior levels of achievement throughout the distribution center.
- Minimize employee turnover and improve retention within department
- Develop individual team members through coaching and correcting.
- Uphold, support and maintain company safety standards.
- Maintain housekeeping standards that promote employee health and safety while reducing damage to inventory.