Must be analytical, well-organized and excel in communication - Must be comfortable with paperwork and information systems and have great knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures - Must be able to effectively implement and supervise department goals and corporate goals.
• Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedite workflow
• Assign duties and examine work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures
• Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers
• Review open order and shipping reports to identify inventory issues and missing orders.
• Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances
• Participate in interviewing and hiring new employees
• Confer with other managers outside of the distribution center to ensure coordination of other functions such as production, receiving, inventory management, quality assurance, customer service and material handling.
• Identify employees’ skills and develop them by coaching and counseling employees on a regular basis.
• Conduct performance reviews and provide feedback on both positive and negative performance.
• Responsible for creating the policies and procedures for all facilities supervised
• Provide production and material handling requests in a timely manner
• Manage the scheduling of pickups of orders to conform with department goals
• Maintain an organized, clean work area free from trash, empty boxes, empty pallets and partial cases.
• Ensure paperwork necessary for invoicing is distributed each day Skills and Qualifications
• Communication Proficiency
• Performance Management
• Complex Problem Solving
• Written, Verbal, and Interpersonal Skills
• Proficiency in Basic Business Mathematics
• Organizational and Time Management Skills
• Ability to Motivate and Manage Employees
• Technical Knowledge of Machines Used in Shipping Process
• Ability to Multitask and Work in a Fast-Paced Environment
• Ability to Take Initiative