Calling all WABO certified Welders!
Tired of working for the Union and its unpredictable hours and commuting to Seattle (or further)?
A structural steel fabrication company in Arlington is looking for WABO Certified Welders to join their team today!
- Pay: $20-$24/hr (DOE)
- Day Shift: 6:00 am-4:30 pm, Monday-Thursday
- Swing Shift: 2:30 pm-1:00 am, Monday-Thursday
Job Duties of Wabo Welder:
- Lays out pieces/parts, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, and ensure pieces are lined up and straight
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Cuts workpiece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
- Melts lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
- Installs or repairs equipment, such as lead pipes, valves, floors, and tank linings.
Qualifications of WABO welders:
- Must be a WABO Certified Welder with at least 1 year of experience
- Must have 1 year of experience in blueprint reading, assembly, and welding
- Ability to use measuring instruments to determine dimensional tolerances and inspect welding jobs for quality
- Must be able to determine the right kind of tools and equipment needed for each job
- Must have intermediate math skills