SALT LAKE CITY, UT
Local manufacturer of industrial pumps is needing a Journey level mechanic to join their Salt Lake City team. If you have the schooling, and the passion to learn the trade, this is the job for you.
- Under limited supervision, performs all necessary tasks in the repair and maintenance of pumps and all other manufacturers pumping equipment while strictly adhering to customer, OEM and industry standard specifications.
- Follows department policy and procedures manual.
- Assembles all types of pumping equipment to customer, OEM, and industry standard specifications.
- Disassembles all types of pumping equipment to gain access to remove, clean, and inspect components.
- Removes, cleans and prepares all types of pumping equipment components for inspection.
- Inspects compares and records measurements of component parts to customer, OEM and industry standard specifications using any and all types of measuring instruments, tools and gages. Prepares equipment inspection reports.
- Participates in investigating and determining root cause failure of equipment and components, and recommends repair methods and procedures.
- Determines the proper materials needed for repairs as per BOM.
- Contours impellers and pump casings to meet hydraulic requirements, following engineering directives and drawings.
- Independently sets up and operates dynamic balancing equipment, balancing component parts to customer, OEM and industry standard specifications.
- Performs final testing and inspection requirements when required
- Ability to understand and follow both verbal and written instructions and exchange information both verbally and in writing
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills with strong attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge and ability to use hand tools, precision measuring and testing equipment, and machine shop equipment
- Minimum one (1) year pump repair experience or machine shop schooling.
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to travel to work at customer sites when required
- Ability to work overtime as required