ResourceMFG and its North Suburban partner has an opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Technician to work in our Glenview,IL facility (Direct Hire). **** This position is for the night shift
machine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and improvement of complex plastics processing and ancillary equipment. The candidate will be required to perform root cause analysis, expediently develop and implement solutions and strive to increase equipment reliability, efficiency and effectiveness. Will coordinate and implement preventive maintenance activities.
Knowledge,Skills, and Abilities
• Thorough understanding of general and maintenance safe work practices such as LOTO, Hot Work, Electrical Safety, PPE etc.
• Strong electrical and mechanical knowledge to perform maintenance tasks involving AC/DC control circuits, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, lubrication, welding, plumbing, hand tool and shop practices, blue print reading.
• Contributes to and utilizes the preventive maintenance program to minimize unplanned downtime.
• Initiates production equipment modifications that increase productivity and reduce waste. Typical machinery includes, but is not limited to: extruders, sheet handling equipment, rotary slitters, winders, pneumatic conveyors, belt conveyors, chillers, towers and other Production Support Equipment.
• Analyzes mechanical and operational problems with equipment, plans and takes corrective action.
• Minimum three years of industrial maintenance experience in a manufacturing
environment, plastics background preferred.
• Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Solid computer skills with ability to input/export information into a CMMS.
• Experience in plastic extrusion a plus.
• High School diploma or equivalent and related military or industrial
training. Industrial maintenance degree preferred.
• Ability to work 12 hour shifts, from 6:00 – 6:00, including evenings,
weekends, and holidays. Extended work hours may occasionally be required.
• The position requires standing, lifting of up to 50 pounds, climbing steps
and ladders and working in a production environment. Conditions include high
noise levels, temperature variations and some odor. Use of company-provided
PPE is required.
Thank you for contacting us. We will reach out to you within the next 24 hours.