North Austin Manufacturer Looking to Hire Entry-Level, Full-Time Stockroom Clerk
Full-time, Contract-to-Hire (approx. 3 mo. probationary period before eligible for permanent hire by company for good performance, attendance, etc.)
1st Shift: 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Pay: $11.50 per hour
Profit Sharing After Six Months' Time
Stockroom Clerk Job Description
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockroom.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouse.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Dispose of damaged or defective items, or return them to vendors.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports of inventories, price lists, shortages, shipments, expenditures, and goods used or issued.
- Compile, review, and maintain data from contracts, purchase orders, requisitions, and other documents in order to assess supply needs.
- Confer with engineering and purchasing personnel and vendors regarding stock procurement and availability.
- Basic computer skills required
- Basic math skills required
- Ability to pay close attention to detail required