This position works in a fast-paced manufacturing team environment to create custom plastic parts by setting up and operating various types of vacuum thermoforming machines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to those described below:
- Apply work order instructions to machining and quality control procedures.
- Work closely with Supervisors and other Operators to understand job requirements.
- Operate forklift to retrieve part molds and to load/unload molds into machines.
- Set up forming machines according to specifications.
- Operate various hand tools. Load plastic sheet material into position.
- Run and inspect first part to verify proper setup.
- Complete in-process visual quality checks throughout forming process to verify parts meet specifications.
- Perform minor mold repairs and coordinate larger repairs.
- Multitask and maintain pace while running multiple machines.
- Document work onto hardcopy work orders, and use computer manufacturing software to log in/out of jobs.
- Work closely with Supervisors and Operators to efficiently react to schedule changes and troubleshoot issues.
- Maintain a safe work environment according to guidelines and standards.