One of the largest and most experienced structural steel fabricator and erector in North America, consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record (ENR) magazine as the #1 Steel Erector in the U.S. is seeking Welder/Fitters
Assembles and fits to drawing dimensions of all kinds of structural, plate and mechanical materials into all types of assemblies. Must be proficient in the full skills of the trade. Welds a large variety of materials. Welds in all positions with a high degree of proficiency utilizing full skills of the trade including knowledge of common heat reactions of structural metals, and is certifiable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives instructions, prints, sketches and work orders.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and plans the fitting operation.
- Directs and assists in handling and spreading of material, assembling material into required relationships according to detail drawings; handling and placing detail material in assembly, placing bolts, drift pins and other fastening deceives in proper locations.
- Lays out work lines or fits up jigs for positioning material when required; checks, squares, and scribes all detail connections.
- Responsible for work conforming to drawings and notes thereon.
- Cleans up material by grinding or chipping.
- Burns and tack welds for assembly purposes. Burns, copes and bevels and straightens material. Does minor layout.
- Spot paints for identification marks.
- Follow welding procedures.
- Moves material to and from the work area. Moves welding equipment to material when necessary. Positions component parts on a table held by a fixture or jib, tacking when required.
- Welds on ground level, above ground, and below ground, in any required position.
- Chips, peens and grinds material to prepare for welding or finish.
- Welds structural material such as plates, girders, tanks, etc., occasionally involving uncommon structural metals or machine metals under close tolerances of heat application and workmanship.
- Straightens materials by heat or flame. May perform scarfing.
- Must take and pass welding tests such as AWS D1.1.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Weekly Pay
- Competitive Wages - Starting at $21.00
- Direct Deposit
- Work Life Academy (Free Online Courses)
- Second Chance Employer