Metal Stamping Press Operator-1st Shift
The Associate will be responsible for:
- Safe operation of multiple automatic power presses at one time.
- Complete die set up and machine adjustments.
- Operate automatic power press and auxiliary equipment correctly.
- Correctly set up die in a press making feed and machine adjustments as indicated.
- Perform and document scheduled preventive equipment maintenance. Communicates equipment related problems correctly.
- Identifies, handles, and requisitions raw material.
- Perform and document required visual and physical quality inspections as indicated by control plan/operator check sheet.
- Read, interpret, and comply with the Production Work Order.
- Correctly identify and handles non conforming product.
- Correctly handle finished product and corresponding documentation.
- Comply with all safety programs especially those related to production.
- Keep work area clean and well organized in a 5S manner.
- Be able to use computer for data entry in a specified and appropriate manner.
- Be open to training of other employees as indicated.
- TO QUALIFY FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS.
- Must Be a Team Player
- Work Experience with Press Operation Required
- Ability to read/write basic English and basic math skills equivalent to 6th grade education. Work experience with press operation required
- Physical Demands: The employee is required to stand, walk, pull, and bend to the floor. There is occasional exposure to heavy weights of 25-60 pounds
- Mental and visual demand