A manufacturing company in Tampa, FL is seeking a Machinist-Apprentice
- Record all data necessary to produce expected service and/or design results, including sizings and illustrations.
- Use measuring devices and techniques correctly to assure proper sizings.
- Perform milling operations such as drilling, tapping, boring and conventional milling and lathe work, using various engine lathes
- Balance mechanical assemblies using dynamic balancing equipment.
- Perform various metalizing (metal spraying) techniques as needed.
- Understand materials and applications as required.
- Perform various welding operations, including setup and use of MIG, TIG, torch and stick welders.
- Set up and perform tool-post grinding procedures and babbitt bearing work.
- Use various hand-held and stationary power and non-power tools, including but not limited to: band saws, belt sanders, hand grinder, files, etc.
- Lift, tighten, adjust and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work and/or to observe safety precautions.
- Assist other machinists in department with skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop manager.
- Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Report all injuries, near misses and accidents immediately to a supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned.