Title: CNC Mill Operator
Location: Westland, MI
Pay: $15-$17+ (based on experience)
Shift: 1st and 2nd
The CNC Mill Operator sets up and operates computer numerical control (CNC) mill machines to perform machine functions such as boring, facing and threading of metallic workpieces such as castings, forgings and bar stock.
- Edit programs on CNC machines, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches
- Assist in setting-up CNC machines by installing and adjusting three and four jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops pushers; indicating vices; trimming heads.
- Verify machine setup by inspecting and verifying 1st piece and throughout the process run
- Use appropriate measuring tools to check for required tolerance.
- Document and communicate actions, irregularities and continuing needs
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures & regulations.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Three years of CNC experience.
- Visual acuity for detailed work.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver 35 pounds.
- Must be able to stand throughout the entire shift.
- Math skills- basic math, basic geometry, and basic trigonometry