Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the operator is responsible for the operation of extruding and coextruding machinery in order to produce a product of utmost quality that meets and satisfies customer needs. The operator works safely and productively, producing a high quality product while maintaining the work environment.
In summary, the position will require lifting up to ninety (90) pounds with frequent lifting and/or moving of objects up to seventy-five (75) pounds and occasional maneuvering of objects over 100 lbs. Requires use of both hands with occasional repetitive hand movements. Visual acuity required for reading and computer work. Frequent bending, stooping, and stair climbing required with occasional reaching and squatting required. Requires 80% standing and/or walking and 20% sitting. Workweek includes three 12-hour shifts one week and four 12-hour shifts the next, resulting in 2-3 consecutive 12-hour work days, with 2-3 consecutive days off each week.
- Ability to read tape measure
- Basic computer aptitude/skills
- Basic mathematical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- May have occasional exposure to chemical hazards, hot surfaces or noise that may result from performance of duties.
- Safety: Apply safe work habits that recognize the need for safe work behavior in a high-risk environment; demonstrate safe use of equipment, knowledge of the management of hazardous waste/materials, knowledge of facility emergency policies, use of fire extinguishers, and proper body mechanics; actively participate in promoting a safe work environment; maintain work area in a neat, clean, well-organized manner.
- Environmental:Apply work habits that demonstrate the acknowledgement and requirement of following all environmental policies, procedures, and work practices in a high-risk environment; demonstrate knowledge and appropriate use of hazardous materials in promoting a safe and compliant work environment.
- Quality: Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines; performs tasks in such a way as to ensure quality and customer satisfaction; do work right the first time and inspect material for flaws; demonstrate understanding of need for producing high quality product by striving to improve conventional practices, making suggestions and/or actively participating in training programs to improve skills; reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority.
- Attention to Detail: Able to be alert in a safety-sensitive environment; follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitor gauges, instruments or processes; concentrate on routine work details.
- Customer Focus: Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Teamwork: Able to share due credit with co-workers; able to develop rapport with others; display enthusiasm and promote friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support Supervisors and co-workers, maintaining constructive working relationships under all circumstances decisions and solicit opinions from co-workers; display team spirit.
- Policies/Processes/Procedures: Able to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures in crisis situations; follow organizational policies and procedures; report to work as scheduled and on-time or notifies Supervisor as appropriate; recognize and constructively conform to unwritten rules of practice.
- Continuous Learning: Learn and apply new concepts in regard to work processes and procedures; demonstrate career self-reliance; identify own areas of opportunity and set and monitor self-development goals.
- Flexibility: Perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage transitions effectively from task to task; adapt to varying customer needs; interact well with people who have different values cultures or backgrounds.