We are seeking a Desktop Support Specialist for a packaging/production facility in Louisville. This is a direct hire position that offers a salary of $35-45k/year. Qualified candidates will have at least 1- 3 years' of recent desktop/technical support experience.
As a Desktop Support Specialist, you will be responsible for providing day-to-day administration and maintenance of employee technical resources for the company and will serve as the primary interface for employee related technical solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day management of employee technical resources for the company, including desktops, IP based telephone, printers and peripherals.
- Setup and maintenance of new user technical needs, including Active Directory, email and other user accounts.
- Oversee software licensing compliance for the company as it relates to the desktop environment.
- Performance monitoring, to include analyzing system performance and suggest/implement tuning as needed.
- Develop system tools and utilities (i.e. scripts, etc.) to simplify and support IT and business operations.
- Establish and maintain technical standards and desktop security policies.
- Oversee patch management and updates for employee technical resources.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Technical certification preferred – A+, Network +, MSDST, and/or MSCA.
- 1 – 3 years of previous experience in desktop/technical support.
- Highly adept at problem solving using experience and solid analytical problem solving skills.
- High sense of urgency and accountability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of standard enterprise applications (MS Office, etc.)
- Proficient with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking protocols.
- Proficient with VoIP phone systems and hardware.
- Familiarity with Macintosh operating systems.
- Demonstrated skills set troubleshooting PC hardware and configuration.
- Demonstrated skills of Technical Documentation.
- Understanding of PC hardware with the ability to disassemble and reassemble.
Apply today for immediate consideration!