We are seeking a Buyer/Purchaser for our client in OKC. Qualified candidates will have at least 3 years' of buying/purchasing experience, preferably in manufacturing/warehouse environment.
- Provide support to production with JIT inventory.
- Create and expedite accurate purchase orders for routine raw material, machinery, equipment, tools, parts, services, and/or supplies from vendors.
- Maintain open purchase order reports.
- Track purchase order confirmations back from vendors to ensure receipt through use of MRP, visual inventory analysis and other methods
- Ensure the ready supply of materials at appropriate levels and in a timely manner to prevent stock outs.
- Assist in tracking stock outs with cause and corrective action and obtaining competitive bids for supplies and materials.
- Assist in monitoring of vendor performance and recommend necessary actions to improve performance, if needed.
- Assist in monthly inventory and cycle counts.
- Assist in obtaining C of C’s, MSDS, and other materials documentation as required per shipments.
Pay - $16/hr
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible, reliable, responsible and a team player.
- Must be thorough and accurate with counting, documentation, recognizing multiple parts and nomenclature.
- Must be willing to assist with positive and constructive problem solving.
- Ability to work efficiently with little supervision and in various departmental teams.
- Must have courteous and professional manner with internal and external “customers”.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Good knowledge of MRP, JIT, Lean Manufacturing, ISO helpful.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft programs; effective computer skills.
- Good understanding of cost analysis and cost accounting.
- Basic knowledge of inbound and outbound freight procedures.
Apply today for immediate consideration!