Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Title: Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Location: Livonia, MI
Shift: 2nd (3pm-11pm) 3rd (11pm-7am)
Seeking a maintenance technician to perform maintenance work that includes: hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical repairs, rebuilds and installation. The job also requires other routine activities such as preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of plant equipment to ensure that it is in capable working order.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance tasks.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical prints and hydraulic schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot basic hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Dismantles devices and equipment to gain access and remove defective parts using power tools, hoists and cranes
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems
- Repair, replace, adjust and align machine components such as hydraulic pumps, gearboxes, electric motors, etc.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools, power tools, drill presses, lathes and mills
- Perform various types of welding and fabrication
- Journeyman status
- High school diploma. College degree/trade school certifications a plus
- Minimum 5 years industrial maintenance or machine repair experience
- Able to read/understand mechanical prints and hydraulic/pneumatic schematics
- Able to read/use measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, etc.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs., bend, lift, climb, stoop, stretch
- May be required to work overtime or any shift, including weekends, to meet company commitments/goals