Machine Operator 1st shift 5 am to 3:30 pm $13/hr
- Hammermill/ Shredder/ Granulator/
- Sink Float Tank Starts machines and conveys scrap hangers to hamermill, shredder, granulator and sink-float tanks.
- Starts/ Stops machines and monitors to make sure they're running efficiently.
- Removes shredded supersacks (Polystyrene/ Polypropylene) from the bagging hopper via pallet jacks or forklifts.
- Operates machines until the shredded material is at the desired separation.
- Operates equipment to shred, granulate, wash & dry plastics for final processing.
- Tends to the following machines. Hammermill, Shredder, Sink Float Tank
- Operates and controls electric motors, pumps, and valves to regulate flow of plastic material into the sink tanks.
- Starts sink float tanks to allows plastics to separate.
- Turns valves to regulate water through filter beds to remove fines.
- Monitors outputs (Polystyrene/ Polypropylene) adjusts controls to regulate flow rates, water elevation, and distribution of water.
- Cleans tanks and screens, using backwashing (reverse flow of water).
- Repairs and lubricates machines and equipment.
- Records in the computer (MS Excel Spreadsheet) such as amount of each output produced per shift.
rates, water elevation, and distribution of water. Cleans tanks and screens, using backwashing (reverse flow of water). Repairs and lubricates machines and equipment. Records in the computer (MS Excel Spreadsheet) such as amount of each output produced per shift. Observes machine to detect problems. Stops machines, and cleans fines from screens and dryers. Makes sure to following lockout/tagout and all other safety procedures. Baler Trucks or carries materials to baling machine. Places materials on conveyor of baling machine. Starts or pushes electric switch, causing ram to compress material. Threads tie bands around bale and twists or clamps
Great attention to detail
able to Speak, read and understand English
Able to work OT