Eaton Rapids, MI
ResourceMFG is seeking Maintenance Technician Candidates in the Eaton Rapids, MI area. Candidates must be open to off shifts, and will be responsible for the repair, maintenance, and improvement all equipment associated with the production of die cast parts. This includes, but is not limited to: die cast machines, presses, robots, electric melting furnaces/pre-heaters, CNC’s, and other related assembly equipment.
KEY RESULT AREAS OF THIS POSITION:
- Safe working environment achieved and maintained.
- Demonstrate a good, systematic, and logical approach to trouble-shooting problems.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of hydraulic theory.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of electrical theory.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of pneumatic theory.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand various prints, schematics, and drawings.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLC’s (5, SLC500, 5000).
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Motoman and ABB Robots (Trouble-shoot and programming)
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of rigging, and the use of heavy lifting equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform general fabrication and welding proficiently.
ACTIVITIES AND TASKS:
- Communicate, clearly, with manufacturing department and maintenance team on equipment status and repairs required.
- Complete work orders as assigned by Team-leader/Function-leader.
- Perform weekly, monthly, yearly PM’s per the CMS.
- Fill out work orders for work completed.
- Diagnose equipment issues and make the appropriate repairs in a timely manner
- Recommend permanent solutions to re-occurring equipment issues.
- Recommend additional spare parts if required to maintain equipment.
- Maintain 5-S standards for maintenance area.
- Enroll and complete the required Meridian apprenticeship program in the allotted time frame. (If required)
- Willing to work off-shifts and required overtime.
- Have maintained a clean safety record for at least the past 5 years (lock-out, tag-out, others).
- Have completed a formal apprenticeship program, or have completed the Meridian in-company apprenticeship program. Subject to training committee approval.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in low and high pressure hydraulic systems.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience with pneumatic systems.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in 480 volt, and under, electrical systems.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience with Allen-Bradley PLC’s
- Have at least 5 years’ experience Motoman/ABB robots.
- Have at least 3 years’ experience with rigging, and the use of heavy lifting equipment.
- Must be will to work off shifts, weekends, and required overtime.