ResourceMFG is seeking Tool Technicians in the Eaton Rapids, MI area. Candidates must be open to off shift positions and have experience working in the Tool and Die field. Wage is dependent on experience and is competitive with the market. If you or someone you know is interested in this opportunity feel free to apply now!
Major Responsibilities of Position
- Maintain a safe working environment by performing duties in a safe, efficient and proper manner. Applying and meeting all applicable codes, standards and/or regulations when doing work.
- Working knowledge and understanding of lean concepts (5s).
- Read and interpret blueprints or works from verbal or written instructions or from the part to be copied or fitted.
- Ability to understand and read thermal schematics.
- Plan the setup and operation of all types of machine shop tools, considering types of material, tolerances, types of cutting tools, coolants, lubricants, and machine tool feeds and speeds.
- Heat treat and weld parts as required.
- Determine specifications for inspection of work, using precision measuring and gauging tool, performing required inspection before, during and after machining/repair
- Perform hand operations involved in producing fixtures, tools, jogs, and dies. Use hand tools of the trade.
- Ability to grind flat and contoured surfaces with hand tools.
- Fit and assemble fixtures, tools and dies. Set up, run off, and test dies to produce a product to specifications, tracing die difficulties to their source and correcting same.
- Repair tooling as required while setup in the production equipment.
- Responsible for providing necessary tools for daily work.
Personal Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Attributes):
- Must know how to skillfully operate a lathe, surface grinder, ID/OD grinder, mill, spotting press, radial arm drills and all other related tool room equipment
- Show maturity, good judgment, reliability, verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of company policies & procedures.
- Highly motivated. Work well within a team and individually.
- Available to work required overtime.
- Be familiar with the OHSA.