ResourceMFG is seeking a to fill a Maintenance Manager role in the Lansing, MI area. This role will provide hands-on engineering and technical oversight/support for ongoing manufacturing operations, plan/layout/install new equipment, administer maintenance/spare parts inventory programs and support customer project requests.
- Design programs to analyze and improve the mechanical efficiency and productive life of manufacturing equipment.
- Keep pace with evolutionary advances in state of the art equipment and processes; recommend capital expenditures to upgrade equipment and processes.
- Develop and administer a viable Lockout/Tagout safety program.
- Function as the primary technical contact with equipment vendors relative to down-machine troubleshooting, ongoing maintenance needs, and technical upgrades to equipment.
- Provide details to the plant management during planned/unplanned equipment down periods.
- Provide training of team members in work practices that increase their range of skills.
- Participate in the launch of new company facilities or new equipment installations at request of corporate management.
- Direct the activities of the maintenance technicians and other team members during Preventative Maintenance (PM) programs and equipment-down situations.
- Supervise team members and direct shop floor activities in the absence of the Plant Manager.
- Provide technical troubleshooting support to other facilities relative to their manufacturing equipment and production processes.
- Maintain a spare parts inventory level that maximizes equipment up time while minimizing stagnant inventory dollar levels.
- Perform technical, quality and/or production functions as required to support plant operations.
- Perform certain PM activities and participate in equipment repairs where required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or Industrial Technology or equivalent experience; Bachelors Degree preferred
Five years progressive experience in an industrial environment (preferably auto industry) with a history of skills in electrical schematics or ladder logic, project planning and costing, machine repair and equipment or process layouts; work and product flow planning; sequencing; PLC controls; BROADCAST/EDI Systems; quality management; TS 16949. Management or supervisory experience required.