The Equipment Specialist is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems.
The Equipment Specialist will supervise maintenance technicians as direct reports, developing all through problem solving and company policies.
This position will support all plant technical/mechanical operations as well as any building/grounds maintenance required or needed.
- Install and maintain production machines and the plant equipment.
- Manage the implementation and continuous use of the preventive maintenance program.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Assist in the relief of plant technical staff during absences from the plant.
- Research, design and implement new technology to improve equipment performance