CNC Machinist / Programmer
ResourceMFG is looking for CNC Machinist in the Lansing, MI area. Journeyman Machinist's are highly preferred but not required. In addition, qualified candidates should have experience with G and M Code. Pay will ultimately be based on experience but typically ranges from $17 to $30 an hour. If you or some one you know are interested feel free to apply now!
- Edit programs on CNC machines, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, basic geometry, and basic trigonometry; proving part programs. Performs self-inspection of parts and ensure they meet print specifications.
- Routinely works with the knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Must have ability to meet quality standards, deadlines and production requirements.
- Responsible for adhering to all applicable MIOSHA required safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the work area (5-S).
- Assists in setting-up CNC machines by installing and adjusting, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent, plus minimum of four (4) years of machining experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and use of measuring equipment and basic blueprint skills.
- Journeyman card preferred but not required.
- Ability to set up required
- Ability to perform 1st run to product specifications and make adjusts as needed required
- Ability to maintain tight tolerances utilizing GD&T