Salt Lake City, UT
The Facility Maintenance Technician position functions with the most technical aspects of the maintenance departments duties. A Maintenance Technician will function as a mechanic in the installation, maintenance and repair of the facility, its utilities, equipment and machinery used in the production of Medical Device products. Incumbents will be involved in the design, engineering, upgrade, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of all kinds of productions and support utility equipment.
Shift: 7:00am-3:30pm M-F
- Design, engineering and installation of complex equipment or facility upgrades. Provide technical information in the form of specifications, drawings and or documentation.
- Troubleshoot and repair software driven equipment.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain complex mechanical and electrical equipment including pumps, motors, HVAC equipment, soft motor controllers, variable frequency drives, fire protection and BAS computer driven equipment specifically Johnson Controls.
- Plan and coordinate facility expansion projects. Review and evaluate construction plans. Present jobs to and Supervise sub-contractors when they are on the premises.
- Assist with the validation of specific facility areas and equipment. Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Work on special projects as they arise
Basic computer skills, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Excellent verbal/written communication and customer service skills
- Highly disciplined, problem-solver, logical thinking, troubleshooting team player with a strong work ethic
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Strong knowledge of Plastic Processing/Medical Device manufacturing
- Must have good mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrate ability to safely and competently manipulate various hand and power tools
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- AAS degree or 4 years of trade school or Journeyman status (electrician, HVAC)
- 3-5 years of experience in the maintenance of facilities or production equipment
- Experience and/or understanding in the maintenance and repair of Air Compressors, BAS Control System, Pest Control Program, Housekeeping, HVAC&R, Fire Protection Systems, Chilled Water systems, Boilers, DI Water, Vacuum Pumps, CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Experience with the safe use of Voltmeter, Ohmmeter, Electric test equipment, Diagnostic equipment, Mechanics hand / power tools, Electrical surge monitoring equipment, Precise measuring devices, computers