Temporary Cash Application Associate within our North American Shared Services Accounting Team in Booneville for Acco Brands.
This individual will research, identify, and allocate payments and ensure that all cash is posted and distributed accurately.
This position will report directly to the Cash Applications Supervisor in Booneville, Mississippi.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving and posting of customers payments received from lockboxes, EFT, wire transfers, and credit card payments.
- Identifying customer’s remittance and posting payments to the correct account by invoice.
- Creating short pays and deductions on customer's accounts as directed by customer's remittance advice.
- Processing account adjustments as requested.
- Coordinate with Collections Analysts on payments received, application of payments and payments received without remittance advice
- Balance cash postings to cash receipts.
- Maintain cash receipts records and files for any required research/audit.
- Assist with any research related to short pays and deductions.
- Uploading supporting documentation into online data storage website.
- Associates Degree or the equivalent combination of education training and experience from which comparable skills and abilities may be acquired is required.
- Three plus years of experience in cash applications supporting a global public company.
- Prior use of an ERP system such as SAP or Oracle a plus.
- Basic knowledge of general accounting practices.
- Strong communication and computer/data entry skills.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org