DESCRIPTION The goal of the Die Setter is to provide expert support in the area of injection molding to the manufacturing operation. The role is required to maintain the control of processes in injection molding. This person also provides support to the execution of the production schedule including anything from component changes, setups and startups. This role reports to the Process Engineer and supports the Lead Operator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for all mold changes done per the production schedule
• Responsible for the proper set-up of all molds and related functions such as watering of the mold, knockout, hot runner etc. for injection molding machines
• Repair any fluid or air leaks relating to the mold
• Responsible for the pulling and resetting of all mold halves, specifically for the purpose of mold repair
• Monitors and prepares auxiliary equipment as needed in the production area
• Maintains the orderly appearance of the mold storage area, including all end of arm tooling
• Responsible for the orderly appearance of all mold-setting supplies including the removal of all supplies from the molding machines and immediate area
• Adheres to all mold change policies
• Coordinates and monitors the execution of the production schedule
• Completes all necessary mold in/out paperwork
• Assists the Process Technician when needed; Verifies paperwork for jobs and completion of inspections at start up of jobs and in process inspections
• Comply with all internal and OSHA required safety procedures
• Trains back-ups Work Experience
• Experience in a general manufacturing or warehouse environment
• Have exposure to maintenance problems
• Be familiar with controls on machines, robots and overhead cranes
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (Physical, etc)
The person must have good motor skills and the ability to lift 60 lbs. The role requires standing for up to 8 hours, lifting, turning, twisting, safety gate operation, reaching, pulling, pushing, clutching, and placing. In addition, visual acuity to detect process flaws is needed and the ability to operate forklift truck safely.
Thank you for contacting us. We will reach out to you within the next 24 hours.