The GSI Group-Taylorville, IL A global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural solutions.
Job Description: General Utility Assembler 2nd Shift 3:30pm-12:00am
- Follow required safety and work procedures including standards, blueprints and/or wiring diagrams
- Utilize hand tools and pneumatic tools to assemble, wire and install components and assemblies.
- Pack boxes and crates with various component parts.
- Release/request material from internal sources and perform any material replenishments to retrieve, pick and move stock requirements.
- The ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Assemble and package parts, hardware and materials to complete products or assemblies at a level of output that minimizes production delays.
- Utilize quality checks to ensure all systems are set for correct operational sequencing and to meet product standards.
- Operate low level machinery (spot welders, drill presses, small presses, rivet machines, etc...)
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area to 5S Standards. Implement all aspects of AGCO Lean and Quality Management Systems.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Understanding of how to use hand tools (screw drivers, wrenches, wire strippers, crimpers, etc...), power tools (heat gun, cordless drill, cordless screw drivers, amp meters, etc...), and pneumatic tools (stapler, nail gun, impact gun, rivet gun, etc...) as well as the ability to read blue prints and a tape measure
- Ability to read, write and use basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to follow precise instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, managers and across departments
Full-Time Temp-to-Hire Positions, Weekly Paychecks, Mandatory Overtime Hours, Pay raise 1st 90 days