Job Opening: Assembly Mechanic
We have a direct hire opening for an Assembly Mechanic in Everett at a company that specializes in packaging machinery used for fresh produce, coffee, candy products, and more.
In this role, build custom food packaging machinery with your assembly skills and use a variety of tools to complete each job.
They are looking for candidates who have experience in maintaining or repairing packaging machinery from either the food or pharmaceutical industry
Direct Hire Opportunity – Be on our client’s payroll from Day 1!
Pay and Shift Information:
- Pay: $24-$29/hour
- 1st shift: 5 am-3:30 pm; Monday- Thursday & Overtime on Fridays
Job Duties of the Assembly Mechanic:
- Build packaging equipment such as horizontal bagging, horizontal form-fill-seal wrapping, vertical form-fill-seal wrapping, and flow wrapping
- Install mechanical components and sub-assemblies into machines
- Check parts for proper manufacturing
- Read diagrams and written specifications for part installations
- Mount auxiliary equipment to machines
- Position parts correctly and use machinery to drill, tap, and ream holes
- Align and connect parts using hand and power tools
- Set up and operate machines for testing purposes
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise
Benefits of the Assembly Mechanic:
- Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance, a PPO with a $200 Deductible, and a $1500 Annual Out of Pocket with coverage at 90% until the Out-of-Pocket Maximum is met.
- Profit-sharing bonuses that are twice yearly
- 401k Plan, no matching contributions because they offer profit-sharing bonuses instead
- 9 paid holidays a year
- 10 days annually of paid time off years 0-5 (begin accruing vacation time on your date of hire)
Job Requirements of the Assembly Mechanic:
- Have 3 years of experience in maintaining and repairing packaging machinery in either the food or pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to read schematics and mechanical blueprints
- Lift at least 40 pounds
- Be a team player with a positive attitude
- Have the ability to multitask