Job Opening: Box Truck Driver
We have a direct hire opening for a Box Truck Driver in Santa Clara at a logistics company that specializes in transportation, warehousing, inventory management, and other key services. This is a 1st shift opening.
In this role, you will manage daily routes using a box truck to transfer materials between their campuses in Santa Clara and Sunnyvale.
Direct Hire Opportunity – Be on our client’s payroll from Day 1!
Pay and Shift Information:
- Pay: $24.50/hour
- 1st shift: 7 am-3:30 pm; with overtime on weekends as requested
Job Duties of the Box Truck Driver:
- Safely operate box trucks to transfer and deliver freight between the two locations in Santa Clara and Sunnyvale
- Operate material handling equipment to load and unload materials
- Maintain required documentation such as daily logs, vehicle inspection records, mileage, unloading, and shipping records
- Conduct pre-trip inspections, post-trip inspections, and ensure proper closure of box trucks
- Provide basic equipment maintenance and report equipment malfunctions as necessary
- Properly secure loads and ensure all loads are within weight limits
Job Requirements of the Box Truck Driver:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have 6 months of recent DOT regulated (CDL or non-CDL) driving experience.
- Have valid driver’s license with a clean driving record over the past 2 years
- Possess a current DOT medical card
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedural documents