Job Opening: CNC Machinist
Resourcemfg is looking for experienced CNC machinists for a 1ST SHIFT in Farmington Hills, Mi!
Pay: starting at $20
Summary: Operates various production machines including the following: vertical mill/CNC lathe, single and multi-spindle drill presses, cut-off machines, lathes, mills and washing equipment. May use complicated jigs on close tolerance operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
· Sets up, changes over and makes necessary adjustments to equipment/CNC programs
· Operates machines, using push button or pedals.
· Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
· Performs deburring operations on machined parts.
· Records quality control/assurances information.
· Reads simple go/no go gages, ring gages, height gages, plug gages, micrometers, veneer gages.
· Responsible for quality levels of operations performed.
· Responsible for simple preventative maintenance of machines.
· Responsible for housekeeping in work areas.
· Responsible for the proper documentation production records and other documentation.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Two years or more of relevant experience.
· Experience working with Fanuc controls.
· Ability to read and write simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to understand and work with G&M codes and to write programs with G codes is preferred.
· Ability to perform simple to complicated mathematical processes and analyze results recommending corrective action.
· Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Analytical skills to determine when a machine goes out of calibration.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to cutting fluids, cleaning fluids and the associated fumes from those fluids.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
Professional development assistance