Job Opening: CNC Programming Engineer
CNC Programming Engineer
El Cajon, CA
M-TH 6am -4:30pm
Pays up to $50 hourly + FULL Benefits
SUMMARY This position requires skill and proficiency in design and programming complex 2-D and 3-D tools and dies and programming CNC lathe and mill production parts, using PC based CAD/CAM software. This occupation requires moderate physical exertion, including lifting, bending, and considerable time standing.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in design and programming using PC based CAD/CAM software.
- Good working knowledge of blueprints and machining methods required.
- Strong in design complex jigs, fixtures and dies and apply CAD/CAM knowledge.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Able to read blueprints. Knowledge of trigonometry.
- Design and implement programs, designs, and codes. Able to design complex jigs, fixtures and dies and apply CAD/CAM knowledge for programming of such.
- Knowledge of machine codes to be able to manually edit programs, if required.
- Troubleshoot feeds and speeds, machining methods, best withholding methods.
- Act as lead programmer for assigned projects.
- Ensure quality of personal work and the work of the team when acting as lead programmer.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or directed.
- Ability to define geometry from blueprints as it applies to programming.
- Programming experience with programs generated from CAD/CAM software.
- A good understanding of the fundamental principles of programming, program development and review.
- Knowledge in troubleshooting shop problems.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong oral and communicational skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and with diplomacy under pressure.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management, shop personnel and customers.