Job Opening: Sr. Buyer
We have a direct hire opportunity for a Sr. Buyer in Bothell at a company that specializes in pipe products for water and wastewater infrastructure.
The company’s pipe products are primarily sold to large distributors who serve municipal customers in cities and towns across America.
In this role, help shape the procurement strategy of the company, ensure the processes in the department are efficient, cost-effective, and quality driven, and collaborate with various teams and suppliers to drive success.
Direct Hire Opportunity – Be on our client’s payroll from Day 1!
Salary and Shift Information:
- Salary: $68.7K–$103K a year with both annual and profit-sharing bonuses
- 1st Shift: 7 am – 4 pm; Mon-Fri (After 6 months of training on site, you will transition to a hybrid schedule: 3 days in the office, 2 days at home)
Job Duties of the Sr. Buyer:
- Strategically procure goods and services from suppliers at the best value while considering factors like quality, quantity, delivery, and market trends
- Utilize the company’s data management and planning system to manage suppliers and supplies
- Collaborate with the manager of inventory control to maintain stock levels, minimize obsolete inventory, and manage supply
- Evaluate market trends against demand forecasts and determine the most suitable procurement methods, whether through contracts, spot purchases, or consignment
- Influence significant purchases with your negotiation skills and analyze the financial impact of your purchases
- Analyze data, prepare reports, and make recommendations for material and service acquisition improvements
- Work closely with department managers, engineers, and operational staff to provide essential support to manufacturing operations
- Make recommendations to the Engineering department and Directors of Operations regarding substitutions, design changes, or manufacturing methods that can reduce overall organizational costs
- Coordinate the return and/or replacement of materials due to non-compliance and work with in-house drivers for pick-ups and deliveries
- Source appropriate suppliers, select suppliers, negotiate purchasing and contract terms, implement procurement procedures, and establish Key Performance Indicators to continuously assess suppliers, control costs, and ensure timely delivery
- Address issues related to defective or unacceptable goods and services by collaborating with inspection and quality control personnel, users, and suppliers to find solutions
- Maintain awareness of material status when required for higher risk commodities and on higher cost services, including Capital Expenditures
Benefits of the Sr. Buyer:
- Medical Insurance: 100% employer paid medical plan option
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance: Long-Term / Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bonuses: They offer both annual and profit-sharing bonuses
- Employee Events
Job Requirements of the Sr. Buyer:
- Have 8 years of experience in procurement as a buyer, preferably in manufacturing
- Diagnose and resolve complex problems in Oracle Manufacturing purchasing software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint for analyzing data, preparing reports, presentations, etc.
- Utilize data management and planning software to manage suppliers and supplies
- Maintain accurate records with your documentation skills