Job Opening: Drivers
Open Driver position in Seattle
Shift: 8am to 5pm
1. Pull and organize customer orders for delivery from warehouse by part number and quantity as directed by picking ticket in priority assigned.
2. Load materials into vehicles and install bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
3. Manually, load or unload materials onto or off pallets, skids, platforms or lifting devices.
4. Stock and maintain inventory items in designated warehouse storage areas.
5. Package, label and ship customer orders by UPS, US Mail, bus, motor freight and local truck deliveries.
6. Weigh materials or products and record weight and other production data on tags and labels.
7. Move controls, levers and devices to drive industrial forklifts to transport materials between loading, unloading, processing and storage areas.
8. Complete forklift operator training annually, provided by company.
9. Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
10. Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
11. Follow company delivery routes to insure maximum efficiency of delivery run.
12. Determine delivery vehicle is in an operative condition daily. Maintain a clean vehicle and operate vehicle in a safe manner daily.
13. Check all load –related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
14. Check vehicles before driving to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
15. Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
16. Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
17. Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
Clean driving record
able to lift 50lbs