Job Opening: Fitter/Welder
We have a direct hire opening for a Fitter/Welder in Arlington at a fabrication shop that specializes in structural steel frames and components for buildings, bridges, towers, and other structures.
In this position, create structural steel components by reading blueprints, fitting using the appropriate tools, and welding utilizing Flux Core processes.
Direct Hire Opportunity – Be on our client’s payroll from Day 1!
Pay and Shift Information:
- Pay: $27-$32/hour
- 1st shift: 6:00 am-2:30 pm; Monday-Friday with overtime as requested (Overtime could be working until 3:30 pm and on Saturdays)
- 2nd shift: 3:30 pm-2:00 am; Monday-Thursday with overtime as requested (Overtime could be working Fridays, 3:30 pm-12 am)
Job Duties of the Fitter/Welder:
- MIG and flux core arc welding processes are used to make the structural steel components
- Operate oxyacetylene torches and plasma cutters for welding and fabrication
- Perform welding in flat, vertical, and horizontal positions
- Primarily use wire sizes of .052 (all position) and 1/16
- Read and interpret structural blueprints and shop drawings
- Follow design specifications to produce high-quality building materials
- Utilize precision measurement tools for fitting to ensure alignment, including combination square, 1” square, 2” square, etc.
- Use fixtures and tack welding for accurate positioning
Employee Benefits (after 90 days of employment):
- The company offers medical, dental, and vision insurance, covering 99% for the employee and 50% for their dependents.
- 401k plan with an employer match of up to 4% when an employee defers 5%
- Term life insurance
- 6 paid holidays per year
Job Requirements of the Fitter/Welder:
- Bring 3-5 years of fitting/welding experience, in a manufacturing environment
- Possess a WABO Certification, specifically for 3G Flux core arc welding
- Own your set of measurement tools, chisels and slag hammers, and other shop tools for fitting/welding is preferred
- At the interview, pass a weld test and demonstrate your proficiency in reading structural blueprints