Job Opening: Production Operator
Production Operator (Expired)
Brooklyn Park, MN
Production Operator needed for 2nd and 3rd shift in Brooklyn Park MN. Apply today!
SHIFT: 2nd MON-FRI 2pm -1030p OR 3rd shift MON- FRI. 10PM-6:30AM
PAY RATE RANGE: 19.80-23.10/HR.
IMPORTANT: This role is going to require a lot of work under a microscope as well as very good dexterity with the hands.
*NOTE: Will need to be able to train on 1st shift
• Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, or products to ensure conformance to requirements.
• Compound or process ingredients, according to formulas.
• Read work orders to determine production specifications or information.
• Observe production or monitor equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
• Mix or blend ingredients by starting machines and mixing for specified times.
• Clean, set-up, and tear down extrusion tooling according to approved parameters for the item to be manufactured.
• Manage inventory levels of extrusion tools and tooling.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area.
• Purge, shut down and clean all equipment according to approved methods (where applicable), and remove tooling in preparation for the next work order to be processed.
• Train on new operations, run new part numbers, and support extrusion lines as needed.
• Execute equipment preventative maintenance.
• Properly handle materials to include loading and draining material hoppers.
• Complete secondary operations including but not limited to decoding, annealing, and cutting to length.
• Supporting the quality team as needed with inspection procedures or any other quality tasks.
• Complete and submit all completed paperwork or electronic data entry according to quality assurance manual and documentation system.
• Confer with supervisors and management to address and resolve problems or complaints
• Follow all safety guidelines and policies and promotes safety adherence across all line operations.
• Participate in continuous improvement and quality initiatives to enhance line production operations and processes to assure the quality of all products.
• Positively embody and support the company’s policies and procedures.
• Have a strong sense of personal accountability, conflict resolution, collaboration and flexibility.
• Support and promote a respectful workplace.
• High school degree or equivalent.
• 1+ years of experience operating a plastics manufacturing environment.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particle and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
• Ability to stand and sit for long periods, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Direct extrusion experience preferred but not required- we will train you!
• Basic computer skills.