Job Opening: Quality Control
Duties & responsibilities
• Performs receiving, in-process and final inspections to verify compliance to applicable procedures including but not limited to, work instructions, product specifications, tooling and outside service certifications, external standards, and customer drawings.
• Responsible for inspecting/verifying product samples as necessary.
• Understands and uses all nonconforming materials systems (NCM Cage, DMR, DRA) .
• Maintains QA lab in a clean and orderly fashion in compliance with housekeeping standards.
• Responsible for completing inspection assignments within broad guidelines and general supervision.
• Performs calibrations to maintain inspection, measuring and test equipment (IM&TE) systems.
• Performs all Physical Properties Testing and is capable of using all QA Lab and Customer supplied Test Equipment.
• Responsible for inventory and requisitioning of all QA lab supplies, small tools, and equipment.
• Understands and uses all nonconforming systems including tagging and scrapping of material after disposition.
• Maintains product and inspection traceability including customer supplied product.
• Understands tube manufacturing process work flow and documentation sufficiently to perform proper and effective containment activities of potentially non-conforming materials.
• Responsible for final QA signature/release to ship products.
Qualifications Education and Experience:
• Three years mechanical inspection experience in a manufacturing environment
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have good communication skills, both written and spoken
• Must be able to follow procedures, quality plans that include verifications of all types
• Knowledgeable of MS Word and Excel Physical requirements
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Moderate to heavy physical effort required
• Regularly required to sit or stand, reach and move about the facility