Job Opening: Quality Engineer
Quality Engineer (Expired)
In Cadillac, MI we are looking for a Quality Engineer for our day shift direct hire role for one of our manufacturing clients.
You will plan and conduct activities with in the assembly department concerned with the quality assurance of processes, materials, and products to achieve maximum customer satisfaction.
Benefits for a Quality Engineer:
- Health benefit options
- Direct hire
- Growth opportunities
- Flex spending account
- Dental and vision plan
- Short term disability
- Long term disability
- 401K with employer match
Duties of a Quality Engineer:
- Customer point of contact for the assembly group quality.
- Lead 8D investigation and customer response.
- Supervise quality sort, floor auditor, lab personnel (as assigned).
- IATF 16949 Internal Quality System Audit management.
- Responsible for updates and tracking of quality concerns in customer portals.
- Participate in APQP meetings and Design Review activity related to the assembly process as needed.
- Layered Process Audit management.
- Train or coordinate the training of departmental personnel to perform their job responsibilities in a proficient manner.
- Knowledge and practice of company’s Health, Safety, and Environmental policies, procedures and requirements.
- Monitor hold cage and material disposition for assembly materials.
- Waste reduction team member.
- Data collection for metric reporting.
- Continuous improvement team member.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in a technical field or equivalent; and a minimum of 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have good understanding of general engineering and quality mathematical reasoning. With a proven ability to make decisions based on data.
- Must possess or obtain the working knowledge of plant quality programs such as but not limited to: NWA, MTS, Gage Tracker, Word, and Excel. Must have the ability to generate graphs and charts indicative to metric tracking.
- Must possess the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must possess or the ability to obtain internal auditor certification(s) pertaining to IATF16949, ISO14001. ASQ Certified Quality Engineer is preferred but not necessary depending upon professional work experience.