Job Opening: Maintenance Electrician
Battle Creek, MI
We are looking for Maintenance Electricians for direct hire opportunities in Battle Creek, MI and Paw Paw, MI. Pay for these roles varies based on experience. ALL shifts available.
Benefits of a Maintenance Electrician:
- Direct hire
- 1st shift 7AM – 3:30PM Monday – Friday
- Small, family owned business with long-standing reputation
- Medical covered at 90%
- Uniforms, no steel toes required
- 40 hours or vacation time and 40 hours of sick time
- Christmas bonuses: % of your wage over the past year
- Health benefits available
- Off shift options and overtime available
Duties of a Maintenance Electrician:
- installs, repairs and maintains electrical components, wiring, and electrical equipment in all machinery and facilities.
- Performs maintenance of facilities/grounds as required.
- Mentors registered apprentices.
- Machine building
- Machine repair
- Machine troubleshooting
- Preventative maintenance on welding, moving equipment, and machining of parts.
- Must be able to possess a journeyman Millwright card and / or Electrician's card (Dual trade is a plus).
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to read electrical blueprints / schematics and have a general sense of mechanical and electrical / electronic aspects of manufacturing is a plus
- Basic understanding and knowledge of layout and wire control panels is a plus
- PLC background desired but not needed
- Familiar with national electrical codes (NEC)
- Must have general machine repair with hydraulics/ pneumatics/ electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Meeting deadlines, willing to work overtime (weekends as needed)
- Must have own tools
- Mathematic skills