Job Opening: Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager (Expired)
Battle Creek, MI
In Battle Creek, MI we are looking for a Human Resources Manager for one of our manufacturing facilities. This is for a direct hire role. Salary ranging from $80,000 – $100,000 based on experience.
In this role you will be responsible for overseeing recruitment and retention, onboarding, employee relations, compliance, training, payroll, compensation, and benefits. You will also have a role in ensuring a safe and ethical work environment. They are responsible for the development and administration of HR policies and procedures.
Benefits of a Human Resources Manager:
- Direct hire
- Advancement opportunities
- Health benefits
Duties of a Human Resources Manager:
- This is a highly people-focused role. There is a need for an individual with strong collaboration, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Major focuses will include: change management, people management and administrative functions
- Responsible for overseeing execution of payroll and commissions, step progression and sick time payouts
- Ability to develop and communicate policy and procedure changes
- Maintains compliance of employee files, I-9 documentation, employee records, medical status, job descriptions, compensation adjustments and promotions/demotions
- Developing onboarding and training, inclusive of supervisor and manager professional development opportunities
- Supports supervisors and managers with performance management needs
- Workforce Planning. Manage temporary staffing and permanent staffing needs in partnership with Branch Manager and General Manager
- Create regular reports, HR metrics, Overtime, etc.
- Support EEOC Compliance and AAP requirements of outreach of protected classes: Veteran’s, individuals with disabilities, and diversity sourcing
- Manage HR discrimination cases and Unemployment Claims
- Oversees WC claims, STD, LTD and Employee Medical and FMLA Leave
- Manage Audit preparation and on site Audits
- Maintains all vendor relationships and updates contracts, as needed
- Maintains Recruitment and HR Budget
- Responsible for automating HR Functions and data to improve processes
- Additional duties as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in a Human Resources role
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact confidently and professionally with various levels of management.
- Well-developed organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage and ensure timely completion of multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Good judgement and independent decision-making skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to create and facilitate new company policies and procedures.
- High level of proficiency of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, ERP systems.