Job Opening: Maintenance Technician
Battle Creek, MI
Maintenance professionals are needed for a variety of manufacturing facilities we are partnering with for direct hire jobs. We are looking for Maintenance Technicians, Mechanical Maintenance Technicians, Journeyman Maintenance Technicians. Pay for these roles varies based on experience.
Locations we are hiring for: Battle Creek, MI; Kalamazoo, MI; Homer, MI
Benefits of a Maintenance Technician:
- Direct Hire
- Growth opportunities
- Healthcare package
- Employer matched 401K and life insurance options
- Wellness incentives
Duties of a Maintenance Technician:
- Troubleshooting errors on down machines and creating solutions for effective long-term fixes.
- Reporting and fulfilling work orders for machine maintenance/repair via electronic filing system.
- Working with teams of fellow technicians to conduct preventative maintenance and repairs on machines.
- Accurately documenting completed work for future reference.
- Effective support of preventive maintenance schedule supporting the goal of continually reducing downtime.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical systems, motors, controls, pumps, combustion systems, boilers, compressed air, pneumatic, basic plumbing, bearings, gear boxes, drives, conveyance systems, belts, clutches, etc.
- Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs to production and facilities equipment.
- Inspect, operate and test machinery or equipment in order to diagnose and repair malfunctions.
- Complete all assigned work orders in a timely manner while maintaining complete records of activities performed, materials used and the status of the assigned work.
- Identify required parts to maintain current inventories for repairs and PM work.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Follow GMP food safety and environmental guidelines and OSHA personal and community safety rules while performing the duties as a technician.
- Operate basic maintenance shop tools, lifts and ladders safely.
- Assist in change overs and line startups as required.
- Participates on continuous improvement activities identifying new Preventive and Corrective maintenance activities.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- A documented combination of training and experience that demonstrates competency as a maintenance mechanic for a period of 1 to 5 years.
- Electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic troubleshooting knowledge is required.
- Welding, plumbing, and pipefitting experience is a plus.
- Previous electrical or mechanical technician experience
- Experience in preventive maintenance, equipment rebuilds, replacement of critical components.
- Team player able to work with all levels of management and supervision.
- Able to work in a team environment that includes production, sanitation, engineering, and maintenance.
- Able to work autonomously.
- Ability to read, write and understand instructions in English.
- Experience in a manufacturing setting
- Experience with blueprints, drawings, layouts, and other specifications
- Preferred experience as a millwright, machine repair, pipefitter, etc
- Preferred experience with practical problem solving and root-cause analysis
- Bringing your own tools is preferred
- Proficient in Foundry operation, setup and programming, computer skills, CAD/CAM including GD&T, manufacturing tooling design, lean concepts, experience in grinding, balancing and drilling operations, automation, logic, mechanical, design, and implementation.
- Ability to accurately read Micrometers and calipers
- Understand Geometric tolerances and their meanings