Job Opening: Incoming Component Inspector
Incoming Component Inspector (Expired)
The Incoming Component Inspector is responsible to monitor the quality of incoming components and to ensure all incoming packaging components are sampled, inspected, and tested (where applicable) for the purpose of determining compliance with established specifications.
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
- Promotes a safe working environment and adheres to Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, company safety rules, Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) at all times.
- Examines, measures, and tests containers and materials used to package drug cosmetic products for conformity to specifications.
- Examines rejects tubes, bottles, cartons, caps, stoppers, and related materials containing such flaws as chips, cracks, torn labels, or discoloration.
- Measures containers cap samples to verify specified dimensions, using micrometer, gauge, or caliper.
- Records inspection or test results.
- May test components, like stoppers seals, using hardness tester.
- Sample materials following domestic/international sampling standards (ANSI/ASQ Z 1.4, ANSI/ASQ Z 1.9, etc.).
- Document results legibly of packaging component inspections following Good Documentation Practice (GDP) procedures.
- Approve materials promptly following completion of inspection and acceptable results.
- Issue Non-Conformance Report (NCR) promptly following unacceptable results, and review with Supervisor.
- Interact with multi-departments (Purchasing, Planning, Operations, Product Development) to obtain inspection materials.
- File documents (specifications, inspection reports, etc.), maintain in order, and follow documentation retention SOP.
- Maintain and update standards, as necessary.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of squatting, reaching standing, walking, and sitting for extended periods
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-year experience in QA/QC environment; preferably in cosmetics or related FDA regulated industry.
- 1-year experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and demonstrated consumer goods product knowledge.
- Thorough understanding and use of QAD
- Intermediate PC Knowledge.MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and warehouse management system are preferred.
- Strong skills in mathematics; adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and percentages
- Strong English communications skills: speaking, reading, and writing.
- Operate a forklift/pallet jack (all lifts)
- Be detail oriented and thorough.
- Good judgment and decision-making ability.
- Flexibility to work long hours during peak season or special schedules as needed to satisfying job requirements.
- Ability to multi-task and follow through on project assignments
- Ability to quickly remedy procedural problems
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Constantly works to improve.
- Makes suggestions for improvements
- Communicates and collaborates with management