Job Opening: CNC Machinist
CNC Machinist (Expired)
We are searching for CNC Machinist for our direct hire opportunities. Pay will vary based off experience. $20.00 – $30.00 per hour.
All shifts available – 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Locations: Lansing, MI; Williamston, MI; Chelsea, MI
Benefits of a CNC Machinist:
- Direct Hire opportunity
- Health, 401K and PTO packages available
- Opportunity for advancement
- Referral bonuses up to $500
- Tuition reimbursement
Duties of a CNC Machinist:
- Operates 3, 4 and 5 Axis machines, with the ability to identify X, Y, Z and 0 coordinates.
- Performs minor repairs, cleaning, and adjustments of inspection, measuring, and test equipment.
- Coordinates with Purchasing Department for outside repairs of inspection, measuring and test equipment as needed.
- Logs calibration results and monitor calibration status.
- Prints reports of gages due for calibration and distributes accordingly to each department and the necessary follow-up process.
- Coordinates with Purchasing Department for purchasing inspection, measuring and test equipment and back-up gages supply’s.
- Responsible for coordination of return of customer gages for calibration and follow-up.
- Assists QE/ME with gage recommendation/research, gage design.
- Troubleshoots and contracts outside repair services for CMM equipment as needed.
- Additional duties as requested by management.
- Diploma or equivalent
- Lean Manufacturing Experience (Preferred)
- Experience in Medical Device Manufacturing (Preferred)
- 1+ Years of Experience Operating Machining Equipment in a Manufacturing Environment (Preferred)
- Knowledge of blueprint reading, and geometric tolerancing.
- Use and knowledge of inspection equipment such as CMM and Optical Comparator.
- Working knowledge of inspection techniques.
- Working knowledge of gage calibration program.
- Use and knowledge of mechanical measuring instruments (bench layout skills).
- General knowledge of applicable customer specifications and national standards.
- Strong Mill experience is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of metallurgy for calculating and setting controls to regulate machining factors such as speeds, feeds, coolant selection and depth and angle of cut or enter commands to retrieve, input or edit CNC media.
- Assists in manufacturing of prototype equipment.
- Install machined parts in mechanisms, machines and equipment and tests operation of unit to ensure functionally and performing.
- Builds jigs and fixtures.