Job Opening: Packaging Lead
Packaging Lead (Expired)
We have a direct hire opening for a Packaging Lead in Everett at a food company that specializes in soup, sauce, and broth products. This is a 1st shift position.
In this role, supervise workers that use machinery to package soup products, ensure the safety and quality of products, and work closely with your team to accomplish the daily goals.
Direct Hire Opportunity – Be on our client’s payroll from Day 1!
Pay and Schedule:
- Pay: $23-$26/hour
- Shift: 10 am-6:30 pm; full time position with overtime during the peak season September-January
- Benefits: Medical, vision and dental insurance, 401K, paid time off, sick leave, and paid holidays, paid maternity/paternity leave, life/disability insurance, and tuition assistance
Job Duties of the Packaging Lead:
- Monitor the packaging areas/packaging lines and recommend changes to meet objectives
- Manage employee work schedules, breaks, and tardiness
- Manage the performance and meet weekly with each person on your team
- Plan activities to reduce downtime
- Work closely with the Business Unit Leader on achieving variable cost goals that relate to direct labor, overtime, product losses, and material losses
- Assign work to employees in compliance with the department labor plan to meet the labor budget
- Package quality products within the time and quality standards
Job Requirements of the Packaging Lead:
- Have 2 years of manufacturing experience, preferably in the food industry
- Leadership and time management skills
- Operate material handling equipment including pallet jacks and forklifts preferred
- Develop strong relationships with your team and stakeholders