Job Opening: Controls Engineer Supervisor
Controls Engineer Supervisor
ResourceMFG is seeking a Controls Engineer Supervisor for a client located in Redford, Michigan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Team Leadership/ Mentorship
· Strong ability to mentor/develop/coach direct reports, drive standardization and accountability for performance.
· Creates an environment that encourages active participation of all team members.
· Directly supervises corporate engineers (manufacturing or controls)
· Provide Engineering expertise to help keep projects on time and under budget.
· Drive lean concepts (OEE, Kanban, Visual Factory, TPM etc.) throughout the organization.
Team Project Management
· Supports all new launch activity.
· Drives assigned “Launch Team” to meet or exceed Piston Automotive goals for: Safety, Productivity, Quality and Continuous Improvement.
· Responsible to the development of all project specifications and timing plans, including internal resource planning, subcontract requirements, facility requirements, equipment and tooling needs.
· Responsible for the procurement, design, build, installation and debug of all Production Process Equipment, that are facilitated by corporate lead initiatives, through SOP.
· Supports program meetings (both internally and with the Customer) as required and/or requested.
· Supports Engineers with communication and issue resolution internally, with customers and with vendors.
· Assist in evaluation of new suppliers, products and technologies to help maintain a competitive edge in the industry.
· Supports development of annual and project-based Capital Expenditure Budgets and drive adherence to performance.
· Review and approve Process Documentation through SOP. This includes Process Flow, Cycle Time Analysis, PFMEA and Work Instructions.
· Provide support and guidance to Plant Engineering and Maintenance Teams as required.
Team Performance Management
· Champions “Launch Team” gate deliverables.
· Ensures all established project delivery commitments are met.
· Performs administrative activities associated with the effective management of the “Launch Team”, including holding standing meetings, managing and prioritization of open issues, tracking timing and progress of each individual.
· Responsible for “Launch Team” performance management process, including annual performance reviews for assigned engineer
Directly supervises the assigned Team. Works closely with the Functional Director to ensure all projects and resources are closely coordinated within the Engineering Department.
SUPERVISORY & PROJECT EXPECTATIONS:
This position is a balance of project workload based on your department or functional job description and supervision. Based on project workload and assigned resources; the level of individual contribution to project responsibilities and supervisory duties will be managed on an ongoing basis.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a diverse team at all levels within the organization.
· Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles, 5-S, Kanban, Kaizen, Poka-Yoke and Root Cause Analysis
· Strong understanding of assembly requirements for all Automotive Component Systems; Body, Trim, Chassis, Powertrain, Interior and Electrical Systems.
· Strong working knowledge of Manual and Automated Assembly Systems and Technologies, including both mechanical and control systems.
· Strong working knowledge of Process Flow and PFMEA creation and documentation.
· Strong Knowledge of Industrial Safety Standards and requirements.
· Must be able to travel as required to support direct reports and launch activities.