Job Opening: CNC Machinist
ResourceMFG is seeking a CNC Machinist for our client in Beaverton, MI location.
Machinists set-up, operate and maintain lathe and milling machines. They review drawings, instructions, blueprints or samples to ensure accurate production and are responsible for precise measurements for cutting or shaping and completing sub-assemblies. They monitor production and identify quality problems and recommend solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read and interpret blueprints and sketches.
- Assure that material to be machined is correct for the job.
- Select and use appropriate tooling.
- Program and/or operate machine at proper speeds and feeds for material being machined.
- Assist in training personnel when appropriate including machine, job, fixture, and part specific issues as they arise on a day-to-day basis.
- Follow all applicable safety procedures and policies as outlined in the Brown Machine Hourly Handbook.
- Maintain good housekeeping in work area
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with some minimal instruction.
- Ability to work with minimum tolerances of .0005”.
- Basic tool requirement
- Basic math skills to include Trigonometry, etc.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED.
- A minimum one-year experience working with parts set-up and machine tools.
- Experience reading Blueprints or mechanical drawings.