Job Opening: CNC Lathe Machinist
CNC Lathe Machinist
CNC/Lathe or mill operator
1st or 2nd shift Hours:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Setup, layout and operate various CNC lathes and/or mills
- Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances and tooling instructions such as fixtures, cutting speeds, depth of cut and determines sequence of operations.
- Selects, positions, and secures tool in tool holder.
- Positions and secures work piece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers or fixtures.
- Moves controls to position tool and work piece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds and depth of cut.
- Sets up fixture, starts machine.
- Requires ability to read precision measuring equipment such as micrometers and calipers.
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformity of machined work piece to specification
- Discusses errors in diagrams or production order with supervisor or engineer to clarify assembly problems.
Previous CNC Lathe or Mill Experience
Ability to read blue prints
Previous experience with precise measuring tools