Job Opening: Production Engineer
ResourceMFG has a great opportunity for a Production Engineer within a Aerospace company in Chatsworth, CA
Pay: 75,000 – $90,000 DOE
Hours: 7:30AM- 4:30PM
Monday to Friday
Direct Hire Opportunity
JOB SUMMARY: Review, analyze, update and create manufacturing processes. Maximizes efficiency, looks for the new methods by analyzing current equipment, workflow, assembly, and work force utilization. Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification. Review, design and creation of new tools and fixtures as needed and required. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
- Work on production floor to review, improve, resolve manufacturing issues.
- Must have a working knowledge of molds, composites, primer and paint applications, castings, tooling, assembly, manufacturing processes, routers,
- Able to design tools and fixtures.
- Train and re-train current process improvements, and new processes.
- Work with outside suppliers and contractors.
- Bachelor of Science Degree with an emphasis in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of 5 years of engineering experience as related to the above duties.
- 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment as a process owner (process, equipment, documentation, special training).
- Ability to read and comprehend Blueprints, Drawings, and Quality Specifications.
- Ability to read and understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance.
- Aerospace manufacturing company experience in assisting all phases of manufacturing process a plus.
- Comfortable and able to work well as part of an integrated team including skilled technicians, engineering peers, and principal-level engineers.
- AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat.
- Must exhibit good judgment, ingenuity, and personal as well as professional integrity.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Project oriented.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.